Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Pollux (4,092 m) is a mountain in the Pennine Alps on the border between Valais, Switzerland and the Aosta Valley in Italy. It is the lower of a pair of twin peaks (Zwillinge), the other being Castor, named after the Gemini twins of Roman mythology. It is separated from Castor by a pass at 3,845 m (12,615 ft), named the Passo di Verra in Italian and the Zwillingsjoch in German. Together with Andre (our guide) and James I climbed the Pollux on September 14.
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Last week I went on a three day tour to the Monte Rosa massif in Italy. I met up with Andrej and our guide Ivan in Brig and together we drove 4 hours to Alagna, Italy were we took the cable car up to Punta Indren. From there we hiked an hour up to the Montova hut.
Monday, September 3, 2012
|View at the Breithorn shortly after our exit from the Klein Matterhorn cable car.|
Friday, June 1, 2012
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Of course, the past is history. But once in a while it’s good to look back. Making it a habit, I look back at the beginning of each year at the previous year and write down a few things that went well and not so well. In no relevant order...
- My business partner Georg Breithaupt and I decided to split our ways and continue our businesses separately.
- Had my first helicopter ride from Nice to Monaco.
- Moved completely out of my apartment in Konstanz making Zurich my single home now.
- Helped plucking grapes to make wine at Rimini (thanks Francesco for this amazing opportunity!).
- Had the opportunity to spend some great times with my parents on separate occasions in Germany, Switzerland and the Netherlands.
- Had the opportunity to spend some great times with my little brother on separate occasions. Celebrated new years together, skiing in Austria and Switzerland, a city trip to Prague and a lot of fun on different trips to the Netherlands.
- Met a number of new amazing people, got to see a lot of my friends in person, and was able to reconnect with others online.
- Ran the half marathon of Berlin.
- Celebrated my 30th and Jochen's 50th birthday together with 100 friends and colleagues at Jade (thanks Sara for organizing this!).
- Did a safari and a great white shark cage dive at a trip to South Africa.
- Worked for my clients in Monaco, Guernsey, Frankfurt, London, Lugano, Geneve and Zurich.
- Gave a guest lecture at my former university (Hanzehogeschool Groningen, Netherlands).
All together it was another great year. Curious to see what 2012 will bring.